Are you personable, hardworking, honest & loyal person that has an aptitude for figures. These are the most important qualities that we are looking for in a payroll specialist.
We are a growing accounting and payroll firm located in the Hoover/Pelham and Gadsden area. Our clients use a cloud-based HCM platform to manage the entire employee lifecycle, including talent acquisition, onboarding, time management, benefits, and payroll. We’re offering a pleasant, supportive & professional working environment for the right candidate. This is a full-time position that can offer flexible hours to accommodate family or other needs.
Our firm provides a complete package of services to the small business owners ranging from bookkeeping, accounting, tax planning & preparation, payroll services and financial planning.
· Work closely with and develop relationships with our small business clients.
· Collect and input client data, employee data, and payroll data.
· Assist with any questions regarding payroll, tax filings, benefits, and payments.
· Process federal, state, and local filings and reports.
· Assist with new client system training and provide technical support to clients.
· Report directly to the payroll manager and assist in all projects.
· 2 years experience in payroll preferred but not required.
· Honesty, excellent work ethic, people oriented and sunny personality.
· Tech-savvy and aptitude with computers and software a must.
· General knowledge of payroll processing, tax filings, benefits, etc.
· Experience with payroll software is helpful.
· Desire to work with a team, be a leader, and grow your professional skills.
Base Pay $40,000 to $50,000 based on experience. You will also receive a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, retirement plan, and paid holidays & vacation. Additional benefits such as working remote, flexible scheduling, training, paid continuing education, and a fun, happy work environment with people who care.